All staff and volunteers at the First United Methodist Church campus will require Background Screening.
Please first review our Statement of Faith below. Yesukan adheres to traditional, Biblical Christian values.
This Statement of Faith is not a comprehensive list of all our beliefs. The Bible, as the inspired and infallible Word of God is the final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of humankind. The Bible is the only and final source of all that we believe. To maintain consistency with traditional Biblical statements, Yesukan expects all employees and volunteers to agree with, personally adhere to and support these noted belief statements.
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:15-17)
2. We believe in one eternal God who is the Creator of all things. He exists in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4, Matthew 16:16 & 28:19)
3. We believe sin has separated each of us from God and His purpose for our lives. In order to receive forgiveness, we must repent of our sins, believe in Jesus Christ and submit to His will for our lives. (Rom 3:23, Romans 5:12, Acts 2:38, Ephesians 1:7 & 2:8)
4. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is empowered to live a godly life. (Acts 1:8)
5. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, those who are saved unto the resurrection of life and those who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18, Revelation 20:4, Revelation 20:11-15, 2 Peter 3:10-13)
6. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:19, 1 Corinthians 11:23-26, Acts 1:8, Ephesians 4:11-16)
7. We believe all of creation is created by God for His glory; to be loved and respected (Col 1:16, Rev 4:11). We believe that God’s intention for human sexuality is between one genetic male and one genetic female within the covenant of marriage (Genesis 2:18, 21–24; Hebrews 13:4). In Scripture, several sexual behaviors are expressly forbidden, including but not limited to fornication, adultery, incest, unnatural sexual intercourse and homosexual acts. (Exodus 20:14; Leviticus 18:7–23, 20:10–21; Matthew 5:27–28; Romans 1:20–27; 1 Corinthians 6:9; Galatians 5:19; Ephesians 4:17–19; Colossians 3:5)